The school has an open-admission policy and has no preference or reservation for any community, caste, creed, class, religion or region. The selection is done solely on the basis of merit.
Admissions to Class I (Boys & Girls) and Class XI (Boys & Girls) of Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, Vidya Giri, Prasanthi Nilaym, Ananthapur Dist. Andhrapradesh-515134 for academic Year 2017-18 will take place in June 2017.The medium of instruction will be English and the school will be wholly residential school.
Children seeking admission into Class I and Class XI must conform to the age limit stipulations given below:
- At the time of admission to class I, the child should have completed 5 ½ years and should be less than 6 ½ years by the 30th of September of the year in which the admission is sought.
Age Limit: 5½ years to 6½ years as on 30th Sept of the year of the admission sought. (Duplicate copy of Date of birth certificate –“issued by Revenue department” shall be produced).
nbsp;** Selection through RTE method
- For Higher Secondary class i.e., class XI - the candidate should be 15 plus years of age. Relaxation of age is not permitted. Acceptable proof of age is a birth certificate issued by competent authority at the place where the child was born.
In case of admission on the basis of Transfer Certificate issued from the other schools, the date of birth recorded in the T.C. shall be accepted. Request for any change in date of birth at a later date is not entertained. Only English Medium students are eligible to apply.
Admission of new students for Class XI are made every year on the basis of oral and written tests in the beginning of the academic session. The admission procedure, in detail, is as follows:
- Application forms along with prospectus (and entrance test syllabus for class XI only) may be obtained from school office for Rs 100 (Timings:10AM to 11 AM / 2.00PM to 3.00PM on all days except Sundays and Holidays) or can be filled online and send the downloaded form along with the D.D. in favour of 'Principal, Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School' drawn on State Bank of India, Prasanthi Nilayam (code no: 2786) for Rs.100, between January 1st and 31st of the year in which the admission sought. The application form along with the identity card duly filled in should reach school office before February 20th. The tests are generally held in the last week of April. For class XI, the written test will be on General English and on other subjects chosen by the students. The provisional admission to qualified students in the test is subject to the performance in the oral test and medical examination. For separate courses one should apply separately.
- The right to call an applicant for test/interview is reserved. It rests completely with the discretion of the school authorities.
- All newly admitted students should follow the discipline of school and hostel, he/she can be asked to leave, if found unsuitable for the school. The decision of the school in this matter shall be final.
- Before a pupil can be enrolled, the enrolment form and other necessary papers must be completed by the parents or guardian.
- Students can be removed from the school roll by the school authorities on any one of the following grounds:-
a) Consistent academic weakness.
c) Over age (students who exceed the age limit for All India Senior School Certificate Examination).
- Class I to VII
Sky Blue Shirts and Dark Navy Blue Trousers.
White Shirts and White Trousers.
- Class VIII to XII
White Shirts and White Trousers.
- Class I to VI
Dark Navy Blue Tunic and Sky Blue Shirts.
White Tunic and Shirts.
- Class VII to XII
Dark Navy Blue Langa, White Blouse and
White Half Saree.
White Langa, White Blouse and White Half Saree.
- Written by Super User
- Category: Admission